Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Naughty Santa Claus - It's time to have some fun...



This is an old but interesting article that I though it was appropriate for this period of the year. Enjoy...

There is no other country like Brazil in which the lines between men's magazines like Playboy and mainstream publications are so blurred. It's a rare month that the daily papers don't deal with controversies brought by the nudity displayed in the glossy monthly.

For being naughty and appearing cheery and fresh with his hands covering the naked boobies of a Brazilian dancer, Santa Claus didn't get any gifts this past Christmas. Au contraire, he was scolded and the magazine that showed him on the cover in the wicked posture had to pay a fine for its daringly bad taste.

The appearance of dancer Carla Perez in the company of Santa on the December cover of Playboy magazine—the publication was released on the first week of December—provoked the ire of those who make a living dressing as the Good Old Man during the Christmas season. Papais Noéis (as they are called in Brazil) from Rio and São Paulo protested loudly against the sacrilege. In Rio, a group of Santas placed a black stripe on their red caps as sign of mourning.

Naughty SantaThere is no other country like Brazil in which the lines between men's magazines like Playboy and mainstream publications are so blurred. It's a rare month that the daily papers don't deal with controversies brought by the nudity displayed in the glossy monthly. This time, several papers not only talked about the cover in question but also reproduced it, bringing the image of the naughty Santa inside home.

Perez, who posed for Playboy for the first time when she was 18, was cited as saying: "After the last essay for Playboy I decided that I wouldn't pose nude again. But the magazine insisted since January and I decided to show another Carla Perez. My nose is becoming famous now. But my career has gone through phases. In the beginning I was a butt, which was an injustice since I dance with my legs and my swing and not with my derriere. After awhile I left the band É o Tchan and started to be known as a TV announcer. Today I feel people refer to my butt in a kinder way. They don't call it bunda anymore, but bumbum."

Since I really don't care about this controversy, here it is some good "naughty" Santa Claus pictures...





1 Comments:

At 12:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

who cares about playboy when they're in brazil? ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home