Sunday, August 27, 2006

Brazilian Felipe Massa claim the first F1 win of his career


Massa, 24, who has taken his first pole position a day earlier, never put a foot wrong aboard his Ferrari as he won by 5.575 seconds from Fernando Alonso and Michael Schumacher - who was under the Renault driver"s rear wing at the end.

Massa wore the look of a man who was overcome with deep satisfaction during the post-race celebrations on the podium, and afterwards admitted that it was the best moment of his career.

"It's like a dream come true," he said. "I've worked so hard during my career for this moment. It's amazing. Looking back to everything I'd done in my life to get here, there are lots of emotions.

"I did a very good start and had a very good first lap. The car was well balanced during whole race.

"Every single part of the race the car was responding in a fantastic way and I could just keep the gap and not drive too aggressive."

The current overall leader Fernando Alonso of Renault finished in second place, ahead of the seven-time champion Schumacher, who came in third. The Spaniard extended his driver's championship lead to 12 points ahead of Schumacher, with just four races remaining.

2 Comments:

At 2:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found your blog on globeofblogs.com. It's a really nice and interesting blog you have. I will do some traveling in Brazil for the next weeks and i will kepp reading your blog to stay updated on whats going on.

 
At 7:16 AM, Blogger nscafuro said...

Hey Roger, you're welcome here!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home